Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I'll Probably Regret This

I am sitting here laboring on my thesis. Man, 25,000 words is quite an undertaking for a simpleton such as myself. But, I shall prevail. My beautiful wife is not feeling well today, so my mind is somewhat preoccupied with her, thus producing an addled state of mind which has abandoned studies to pursue blogging. Oh the enervated man that I am.

Things are advancing well at the seminary. We students are quite indolent in our efforts and the instructors are very adamant in their expectations. So we have the usual debacle which causes teachers to bang their heads against the wall and leaves students wondering "whats the big deal?" God is good...so all is well.(Remember don't get those backwards)

I'm feeling a little bathetic.
Maybe it's time for the 4 M's (Mr Mike's Midday Musings)
1. Am I really doing best by sending my kid's to government schools?
2. Why has God been so good to me?
3. How does Uncle Cooney button the collar of his shirt?
4. People are worried about money, I couldn't care any less. Is something wrong with me?
5. How tall will my boys be?
6. I need to call my sisters.
7. My feet are going to sleep,perched on top of my desk.
8. I want a new laptop. No I don't.
9. Why are the bookcases in my office this color?
10. I miss my mom.

Now for those who need help understanding what the 4 M's are...let me explain. I have no idea how your mind works. I just hope that it does. I observe other people and I don't feel as though my mind works as does the norm. My attention span is as long as the interval between the flap of a hummingbird's wings. My thoughts run everywhere. I have trained it enough to be able to get things done, but while I am working on something I will have an enumerable number of little quick thought-bursts that will pop into my head. Most of the time I discard them and refocus on the task at hand, but I thought "why not have a little fun?" So occasionally I will post the 4 M's. These are the thought-bursts that pop into my head over a 3 minute period. These are not things that i am dwelling on, they just show up and then they leave. I hope no one ever gets offended. Just have a little fun at my expense. Man am I messed up.

2 comments:

Julie Halliday said...

First of all, let me say how privileged I feel to be invited to partake in this predominantly male-infested forum. I can only assume that you needed to hear from a person with a sound mind compared to the others you've heard from. Having said this, I feel it is not only a privilege, but also an obligation to share my views and knowledge with others here. I applaud you on your blogs, I've read all of them and I'm still awake! Btw, I feel that you'll have no problems whatsoever with your 25,000 word thesis. You'll surpass that number by thousands.

Big J said...

I am so glad that I am on your mind. I button the top button on my collar by...luck. Actually Wal-Mart, where most pot-bellied, poor, penniless preachers shop has started selling the comfort collared shirts. The top button is attached to a piece of elastic.

Followers