Monday, November 10, 2008

Our New President

Well, it's been about a month since my last posting and I was starting to hear rumors of widespread chaos and pandemonium by my plethora of readers. Please, cancel the marches and demonstrations...I'm still here.

I went to bed Tuesday...angry! I woke up Wednesday morning...angry! How? How in the world could we Americans have elected a man who has done so little to prove his love and loyalty to our country? I find nothing in this man which draws me to follow him as the leader of my country. What do people see? I know they want from him what he has promised, but what do they see in the man?

But then...somewhere during the day Wednesday something clicked within the walls of my cranium. What if...what if he gets saved? What if Barack Osama realizes that the religious ideals he has embraced are insufficient to merit God's marvelous salvation? What if our President-elect will one day stand before America and denounce his past alliances with the religions and ideologues of our day and profess his faith in Jesus as the Son of God who died for his sins? Can you imagine?

So the bitterness and anger have melted from my being. No, I don't have my head stuck in the sands on fairy-tale island. I know our country is in pitiful shape. I have children which I would love to raise in a truly God-fearing nation. But my friends, the election of this man did not knock one of the legs out from under God's throne. He is still there.

As for me, in my newly discovered serenity, I will pray for our country. I will pray for our president. I will pray for God's hand to lead him in his decisions. But ultimately, I will pray for his salvation. Can you imagine?

1 comment:

Julie Halliday said...

I was not angry, because I really wasn't surprised. I felt troubled. And just like you said, God is still on His throne and Mr. Prez needs Jesus. Btw, did you mean to type Osama? or was that a typo? I know you are a good typist...hmmmmm.

Followers