Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Little Squirrely

Ever seen a squirrel in the middle of the road when a car is closing in? "Do I stay? Do I go this way? Do I go that way?" "OK, I'll go that way. No, wait, I'll stay. Hold on, I'll go the other way". "But maybe I shouldn't". "OK, I will". "I'm really not sure if I'm certain about maybe making a possible decision about this predicament". Then, SPLAT. Squirrel dinner. Complements of the Micheline Man.

Often are the times I have the mind of a squirrel. While my mind is focused on a particular subject, another thought enters my mind's peripheral. "Should I stay with I'm working on"? "Boy, oh boy, that other sure looks good". "But if I leave the trail I'm currently on, I'll never find my way back". "But maybe the other will lead to something sweeter". "No, stay where your at". "OK, I'm going to chase the new, I can come back to the old". "Maybe".

Now if you are wondering what usually happens within the confines of my cranium whenever I am in this indecisive state...

Lets just say there are a lot of skid marks on my mind's highway.

No comments:

Followers