Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Plea To My Blogger Brethren

My fellow bloggers. Two things are apparent. 1. You have at least a little spare time (else you wouldn't be reading this). 2. You enjoy (to some degree anyway) sharing your views through the medium of that which is written.

I am asking you to start writing. Not necessarily 50,000 word dissertations, but brief concise articles on issues relevant our work and the Word. I ask that you would then send me those masterpieces (mikewilkes12@gmail.com or mikewilkes@bellsouth.net)

Many months, we are struggling to find print-worthy material for the Missionary Baptist News. I am not promising that what you send me will be published, but the more material we have to choose from the more likely we are to produce a quality product.

Some of you are quaking at the thought of turning in something you have written because of your lacking the ability to write in a proper fashion. Have no fear, that is exactly what the editor is for. He will take the language you have butchered and produce a grammatical masterpiece. Then, all will be impressed with your grammatical acuity.

Seriously, will you give consideration to sharing with others that which you have gleaned.

9 comments:

JamesCharles said...

If you give a general word count, this might help those who wish to write do so. I remember submitting the article I was asked to write, and I had to chop it down quite a bit, which was difficult since I had kept it at the very basic points I had wanted to make. Anyway, can you give us a word count range between ... and ...?

Julie Halliday said...

one question...

Why is this only a plea to the "brethren." So, the Missionary Baptist News isn't interested in faithful women's articles? Or is this just a Mike Wilkes thing?

Brother Joseph said...

Julie you must not have been reading the latest articles of the M.B.N. A women has been faithfully submitting articles.

Mike I would but Micah has made me shy. ;-)

Julie Halliday said...

Yes, I know Bro. Joseph. I've read Sis Holly's articles. I haven't seen any others' though, I could be wrong. You do need to send in an article. Your testimony is awesome,your faith is strong. I believe others could benefit from your input.

Anyway, I was just giving Mike a hard time. I know what he thinks of my blogs! LOL

Brother Joseph said...

Thanks Julie.

Leland Acker said...

Anything on my blog is fair game as far as our ABA publications are concerned. Feel free to rip it and print it... (not that it's worth anything... but you might need a filler sometime). Just give me a heads-up (It's always fun to know when your stuff is being used) and attribute it to me if it does make it to print.

Mike Wilkes said...

Julie Halliday. You old feminist. Did I hurt your feelings because I said "brethren". You know good and well that my use of the term "brethren" is inclusive of the "sistren" in the work.

JamesCharles said...

Brother Mike, I believe that is brethren and cistern. That's what my spell check said! Heh. Just kidding, of course. Our kids get snow once every four years (ish) and we still had to come to school today. The kids are all frustrated. It's almost futile trying to teach.

Julie Halliday said...

Mike Wilkes- you should know by now, it takes a lot to hurt my feelings! The only thing you said that hurt my feelings was when you called me "old"!

Followers